7.07.2010

Baby food

Just finished making Little L some carrots. Yesterday I attempted apples and surprisingly it was pretty easy. I used 4 Royal Gala organic apples, peeled, chopped and cored them. Then added 4 tablespoons of water and simmered in a pot for about 7-10 minutes. Once they were tender I stuck them in a blender/food processor and puréed them up. I also added in a little cinnamon to half the batch. I ended up with a full ice cube tray.
For the carrots, I peeled and chopped six organic carrots. Then added them in a steamer basket into a pot with a little boiling water (just to where it would almost touch the basket). Then cover and steam for 15-20 minutes. Purée in the food processor. I found that I had a little too many carrots and they didn't all get pureed so I needed to go through and smash with a fork. I would have stuck them back in the food processor but Little L hates the sound of it and was crying up a storm. Anyway, I also got a full tray of carrots.

I'd say if you have the time and a baby that doesn't mind the sound it's great. I love the fact that I can make healthy organic food for my baby. I don't know how often I will do this but just making one of her meals that way is nutritious and less expensive. But next time my husband will have to take her outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment